Friday, July 9, 2010

Las Cinco de la Tarde


My mother and younger sister came to visit me in Madrid during the Spring. We of course meticulously followed the tourist list of famous attractions and truthfully enjoyed every second of it.
The most emotional for my family though, was the bullfight and the musical about the bullfight we saw the night after.
It was not until that moment that I realized how sweet animals are and how brutally we take advantage of their kindness... it is amazing, but ironically though we take our anger out on these creatures and label it "culture" we still seem to have so much anger and resentment left over which we of course take out on each other.
How the slicing of an innocent animal can be labeled culture is beyond me.
...... a las cinco de la tarde........

No comments:

Post a Comment